The following how-to guides are based on what we did to organize “our year” as good as possible in advance. The list is in chronological order, so you may use it as a checklist to work through the tasks.
This is how you can get to spend a year (or less/or more!) in New Zealand:
Before you start: How much does all the fun cost?
- Collect your favourite regions
- Find a good school for your children
- Get a visa with help of a registered adviser
- Find a cosy place to stay
- Book the shortest flight you can find
- Find a house-sitter for your home
- Buy a travel insurance, just in case
- Organize a car, or you won’t go anywhere
- Pack your stuff and get on that plane
- Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the time of your life!
- (Tell us about your experience)